St. Richard Catholic Church - 1242 Lynnwood Drive - Jackson, Mississippi 39206
Join us for our Pentecost Pot-Luck celebration of the many different heritages that are represented here at St. Richard Church on Saturday, May 18th at 6:00 p.m. in Foley Hall. Bring your dish of choice that represents your heritage.
we would like to share a faith story from one of our parishioners.
“To have faith and believe that God is present and that He loves me was easy. But to fully TRUST Him? To trust that His intentions are pure and true and right, this is hard at times for anyone and most especially when faced with an uncertain circumstance. ”
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENT
- PENTECOST CELEBRATION - We are a church of many different nationalities and traditions. Pentecost is the birthday of the Church and we come together as one! This year we are celebrating with a Pot-Luck dinner after Mass on Saturday, May 18th in Foley Hall. We encourage everyone to bring a dish of their choice that represents their heritage (Italian, Lebanese, Vietnamese, Mexican, good ole southern food, etc.). The church will provide southern fried chicken, paper products and drinks. We will also have some adult beverages (wine and beer) for those over 21 years old. This is lots of fun for the whole family. Please Join Us!!!
- YOUNG AT HEART - will hold their final meeting before summer on Thursday, May 16th at 11:30 a.m. in Foley Hall. We will have the crowning of Mary so bring a flower. The St. Richard choir will provide the music for us. Join us for great food, fellowship and crowning of Mary. Bring a flower and a friend!!
- VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL -VBS is June 3 – 7 from 8:30-12:00. Registration for children ages 4 (by June 1st 2013) – entering 6th grade will be April 15th – May 6th!!! In order for us to prepare crafts, t-shirts, snacks, etc. you must register during this time. VBS Registration 2013
- INTERESTED IN THE CATHOLIC FAITH – We have a discussion group which may be joined at any time. It meets 6:00 until 7:00 p.m. in Chichester Room. For more information, contact Tom Lewis at 601.366.2335 ext. 113 or email@example.com
- St. Richard Summer Basketball Camp – There will be three sessions this summer: June 17-21, June 24-28, and July 15-19 from 10:00-12:00 pm. This is open to all upcoming 3rd-7th grade boys and girls of St. Richard School and/or parish members. Cost is $75 per week. To register contact Paul Daschbach at 601.278.5256 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for registration form.
- Click for Readings of the Day
- A tremendous resource for catholic information and teaching is the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website. Click on the link below to access.
- Mass times anywhere in the world – click here. Click Bulletin & Resources for additional links that you might find helpful.
St. Richard Catholic Church Mission Statement
We, the Catholic Community of St. Richard of Chichester, are called by Baptism to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to all. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to active evangelization, seeking to make Jesus known and present through our worship, community, formation and service.